In 1948 John Zern and his wife, Rita, came from Patton, PA to Manheim to look for work. John saw that a business, Beverage & Soda, owned by Mr. Raudabaugh was for sale. A few months after John purchased it, the name was officially changed to John A. Zern Beverage Distributor. John began the business in a rented two-car garage on Fulton Street. Two years later they relocated the business to 164 S. Hazel Street where their two sons, Tom and Joe, eventually started working with their dad. The business remained on Hazel Street until 1978, when they moved into the Martin Building at their current location, 202 S. Charlotte Street. When the business moved to its current location, Tom and Joe became partners in the operation and the name was changed to John A. Zern & Sons Beverage Distributor. Tom and Joe took over complete ownership in 1995. John continued to be a constant at the business until his health prevented him from being there. He passed away in January of 2006. Today, Tom and Joe continue to run the business with the same principles and dedication to customer service that John instilled in them.